- You are spending more money than you should
- You get angry when you lose money
- You argue frequently with friends, your spouse and your family about money and gambling
- Gambling is at the front of your mind
- You lose interest in other activities and hobbies
- You borrow money to gamble
- You’re neglecting your responsibilities
How to be a responsible gambler
You can avoid addiction and money loss by being responsible. Being responsible means being able to manage your funds properly. Here are some tips to help you better manage your money.
- Allocate funds to gambling
- Don’t use money that you have not already set aside
- If you feel yourself getting mad, take a break and come back in a few minutes
- Take time to enjoy other activities
Finally, if you feel that you are addicted to gambling and all your loved ones are telling you that you have a problem, you should not waste time getting help. There are many anonymous groups that help people addicted to gambling. You can go to http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/ to get a sense of direction for helping your addiction. As always, we love to see our members having fun, but we also want to know that you can gamble with responsibility. We hate to see our members struggling with something they can’t control. If you are still unsure if you can practice responsible gambling, seek additional resources.