Blackjack Advanced Strategy
The advanced strategies: card counting, clump reading, and shuffle tracking, can further increase a player's ability to even the odds at casino blackjack. Basic strategy is a prerequisite to studying these techniques, though intermediate strategies can be applied or discarded at the player's discretion.
- Introduction to Card Counting
- By keeping track of the cards that have been dealt, a card counter can tell when the odds are in his favor. This practice, though discouraged, is completely legal, and can have a dramatic effect on a player's winnings.
- Card Counting Tutorial
- Complete instructions for counting cards at blackjack, using a basic (but effective) system. Includes wagering, basic strategy adjustments, and instructions for multi-deck games.
- Alternate Card Counting Systems
- Provides additional systems to the one taught in the tutorial, with varying degrees of difficulty and accuracy.
- Card Counting Trainers
- Two on-line trailers area available: one for improving your speed at counting cards individually, the other by the hand. Both can be set to work with up to eight decks, and by several different counting systems.
- Counting Cards Discreetly
- Casinos keep an eye out for card counters and, in locations where they can, they will eject them. Here's how to avoid calling attention to yourself, along with some tips for making the best of a bad situation.
- Clump Reading and Shuffle Tracking
- These techniques require such intense and constant scrutiny and calculation that they are nearly impossible to practice, though they may be of value as an alternative in multi-deck games.